Monday, 10 October 2022 at 12:45
Monday, 10 October 2022 at 13:45
The first in the four-part IDEAS webinar series, this webinar will provide an overview of findings from the cluster-randomised controlled trial.
The Data-Informed Platform for Health (DIPH) is a health system-strengthening intervention which uses local data sources to promote structured decision-making by health administrators and managers. DIPH was tested in Ethiopia’s North Shewa zone (24 districts), employing a cluster-randomised control design. Decision-making forums at the district level were strengthened by DIPH: as a result of significant improvements in data management and appraisal practices, systemising problem analysis to follow up on action points, and, overall, creating a stakeholder culture of positive engagement.
IDEAS webinar series in collaboration with the MARCH Centre and Centre for Evaluation
The rest of the four-part series will cover:
- Part 2: Effective coverage measurement
- The second webinar will present findings from research into effective coverage measurement for maternal and newborn health, as part of a long-standing engagement in Gombe State, Nigeria.
- Part 3: Experience of care
- The third webinar will focus on findings from a recent study that aimed to use novel data collection methods to understand women’s experience of facility-based childbirth care in Nigeria.
- Part 4: Understanding quality improvement
- The final webinar will cover research carried out to understand how quality improvement collaboratives operate, specifically in Ethiopia.