To coincide with the publication of 'Improved measurement for mothers, newborns and children in the era of the Sustainable Development Goals' in the Journal of Global Health, IDEAS' Communications Officer Rhys Williams joined John Grove (BMGF), Tanya Marchant (IDEAS) and Arup Das (India Health Action Trust) at the margins of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Learning Forum for Maternal and Newborn Health in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, to discuss the importance of data in policy making for maternal and newborn child health.
- What was the rationale behind the forum?
- Why is data important for maternal and newborn child health?
- Why is the alignment of indicators important?
- What has been the experience of the India Health Action Trust in Uttar Pradesh?
Listen on SoundCloud at bit.ly/mnchlearn-podcast
The two publications cited in the podcast are:
- Maternal, newborn, and child health and the Sustainable Development Goals—a call for sustained and improved measurement (The Lancet)
- Improved measurement for mothers, newborns and children in the era of the Sustainable Development Goals (Journal of Global Health)