The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH) is coordinating multi-stakeholder consultations to provide inputs into and feedback on the updated Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health (Global Strategy).
Share your views on key priorities, interventions, and principles for inclusion in the Global Strategy.
- Fill out the survey on www.womenchildrenpost2015.org by 20 March 2015
- Organize a discussion on the Global Strategy (using the following consultation toolkit) and send us the outcomes at email@example.com
- Join one of the existing consultations
- Join the online conversation: #EWECprogress and #Commit2Deliver
- Send your comments, videos, blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on www.womenchildrenpost2015.org
The renewed Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health, to be launched in September 2015, is a roadmap for ending all preventable deaths of women, children, and adolescents by 2030 and improving their overall health and well-being, and builds upon the 2010-2015 Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health launched by the UN Secretary-General. The updated Strategy will support the achievement of women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health related Sustainable Development Goals and anticipates a more integrated post-2015 development framework in which all countries are supported to attain and sustain their health goals, moving beyond reductions in mortality to a vision of healthy life for all through the life-course.
The PMNCH led Global Strategy consultation process will have three phases . Each consultation phase will produce written and oral feedback that will be collated into a PMNCH-led synthesis report, to be shared with the leads of the Global Strategy effort and the wider community. This consultation process will be supported throughout by an interactive online hub (www.womenchildrenpost2015.org), which will continually share information and feedback from the consultation, report on events, and curate a social media-based discussion. This online user-generated content will also be collated to feed into the PMNCH synthesis reports.
- Phase 1 (20 Feb-20 March; synthesis report due early April): Together with the global stakeholder meeting in New Delhi, 26-27 Feb, this round of consultation will focus on key questions posed by the technical working groups of the Global Strategy to feed into the overall drafting process of the Strategy
- Phase 2 (end-April to end-May; synthesis report due early June): Together with a global stakeholder meeting in South Africa on 5-6 May, this round will share the draft text of the Global Strategy with a wide set of stakeholders for response and support, including at a high-level side event at the World Health Assembly in Geneva during the week of 18 May
- Phase 3 (TBC): A third round of consultation later in the year, could seek feedback on implementation plans associated with the Global Strategy process