Every month we send out recent highlights from the maternal and newborn health scientific literature that we think are interesting and relevant. We hope the highlights will inspire readers to exchange knowledge and share literature in maternal and newborn health. The papers are selected from a regular search of new papers in maternal, newborn and child health.
Read past updates
- November 2015: Ethiopia - equity and health workers - and preterm growth
- October 2015: new ways of collecting data
- September 2015: Mistreatment of women during childbirth
- July 2015: What's the true cost when a mother dies?
- June 2015: Measuring content of contacts
- May 2015: What about quality?
- April 2015: Chlorhexidine, vitamin A and community-based health worker programmes
- March 2015: How to get started with data visualisation
- February 2015: Essential interventions for maternal, newborn and child health
- January 2015: Indian community project results and Ethiopian frontline workers
- December 2014: how to get your health innovations to reach more mothers and babies
- September 2014: poor perception of facility care, trust and teamwork matter, postpartum care
- August 2014: Cost-effective maternal and newborn health strategies
- June 2014: Impact and cost of scaling up midwifery and obstetrics
- May 2014: Dysfunctional referral services, public-private partnerships, maternal mortality levels
- February 2014: WASH and maternal mortality, ASHAs and newborn care, low-cost device to treat post-partum hemorrhage